MILLION POINTS PLUS COMPETITION 2023 SNIIP
SNIIP | VELOCITY POINTS FOR BUSINESS 2023 COMPETITION, TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The Promotion
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Entry in this Sniip Promotion (Promotion) for the chance to win One (1) Million Velocity Points for your business through your Velocity Points earning business account (Velocity Account) is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promotion commences at 12.01am (AEST) on 1 August 2023 and ends at 11.59pm (AEST) on 31 August 2023 (Promotion Period).
- The Promotion is a ‘game of chance’.
2. Promoter’s Details
The Promoter is Sniip Ltd (ABN 86 161 862 068) of Level 1, 79 Hope Street, South Brisbane, Queensland 4101.
The promotion is authorised under NSW Permit No.TP/02748, ACT Permit
No. TP 23/01222.
Entry in the Promotion is open to businesses. Australian residents (individuals) (excluding residents from South Australia) who are 18 years or over who are properly authorised by the business can enter on behalf of the businesses eligible to enter must:
- Be a legitimate, registered user of the Sniip app; and
- Hold a Velocity Account;
- Have a current Velocity Account for their business connected to their Sniip profile prior to their bill payment; and
- Transact a minimum of $1,000* in a single transaction during the Promotion Period using an eligible payment method (excluding payment methods not eligible for this promotion – see 5(3) below); and
- Not request a chargeback or a refund with the Promoter that includes their Entry transaction.
*Net bill amount, not including transaction fees, Sniip rewards or credits.
4. Eligibility to enter competition
Entry is open to a company representative who is 18 years or older (excluding South Australian residents) and is authorised to act on its behalf, who is a registered user of Sniip and meets the Eligibility Criteria in Clause 3.
The entrant must pay a bill over $1,000 in the Sniip app, between 12.01am (AEST), 1 August 2023 and 11.59pm (AEST) 31 August 2023.
Employees and immediate family members of the Promoter and suppliers, providers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. One entry per eligible transaction over $1,000 will be allocated to all Eligible Entrants on behalf of any company who meet the competition terms as defined in 3 (1-5).
5. Eligibile Entrants
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of each entry, this includes requesting User Verification in line with the Terms and Conditions of the Sniip app. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entity/s or person/s who does not comply with these Terms and Conditions or is deemed to be fraudulent in breach of the Sniip app Terms and Conditions.
- Directors, employees, shareholders and their immediate families of the Promoter Sniip Ltd ABN 86 161 862 068 or Directors, management, employees of Velocity Frequent Flyer Ptd Ltd (ACN 601 408 824) and each of their related bodies corporate are ineligible to enter of behalf of any company.
- Payments from Bank Account, Prepaid Cards, American Express (personal cards) and Crypto.com cards are not eligible for this promotion in line with Sniip Partner terms for your Velocity Account
- Use of any other reward program offered by the Promoter, for example, ‘Refer a Friend’ rewards or associated credits, renders an Entry ineligible.
6. How to Enter into the Promotion
- In order to enter, Eligible Entrants must register for and/or hold a current Sniip account; and
- Hold a Velocity Account; and
- Have their Velocity Account connected to Sniip under ‘Loyalty’ of the app; and
- Earn Velocity Points for their business through their Velocity Account with Sniip during the Entry Period – one entry for every $1,000 transacted on an eligible payment method.
Example 1: $4,200 bill + Sniip processing fee = 4 entries into the draw
Example 2: $1,000 bill + Sniip processing fee = 1 entry into the draw
Example 3: $995 bill + Sniip processing fee = 0 entries into the draw
Note: Transactions do not accumulate to form an Entry. For example, if an Eligible user pays 10 x $500 bills, they have not met the criteria as each bill is under $1,000. In this instance, a user would not receive any entries for paying $5,000 of bills during the period, as none of those bills are greater than or equal to $1,000.
Each Eligible Entry received during the Promotion Period will automatically be placed into the Prize Draw to be held in accordance with Clause 8. An Eligible Entry that is entered into the promotion will be an “Entry”.
7. The Prize
The Promoter is offering each valid Entry the chance to win a Prize. First prize consists of one million (1,000,000) Velocity Points for your business to be allocated through the winner’s Velocity Account for their business to be issued in accordance with Clause 10 (Prize Details). There is one (1) x one million (1,000,000) Velocity Points prize and there are five (5) additional runner-up prizes of one hundred thousand (100,000) Velocity Points for your business to be allocated.
There will be one (1) Prize Draw and six (6) prizes to be won in the Promotion. The Prize Draw will take place via electronic draw at 11.30am (AEST) on Monday 4th September 2023 at Sniip Ltd, Level 1/79 Hope Street, South Brisbane, QLD 4005. The draw will be conducted by Sniip (Drawer).
1,000,000 Velocity Points for a business to be allocated through the winner’s Velocity Account
5 x Runner-up prizes
100,000 Velocity Points for five business to be allocated through the winner’s Velocity Accounts (for each Runner-up prize winner)
The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable.
9. Prize Winners
The first six (6) Eligible Entries drawn in the Prize Draw will win a Prize (Prize Winner). The First prize will be drawn out first.
Within two (2) business days of the Prize Draw, the Promoter will notify each Prize Winner by:
- Telephone, at the telephone number registered with the Promoter;
- Email, at the email registered with the Promoter;
- Publishing the Prize Winner’s names, photo and State of residence on the Promoter’s website on Wednesday 6 September 2023, for a minimum of 28 days; and
- Publishing the Prize Winners’ names in Sniip-user electronic email communications on Wednesday, 6 September, 2023.
If a Prize Winner:
- Answers the winner or runner-up phone call of the Prize Draw conducted by a Sniip representative, they will have been deemed to have accepted their Prize (Winner’s Acceptance); or
- Fails to answer the winning phone call of the Prize Draw placed by a representative of Sniip, their Prize will be deemed unclaimed.
The Promoter may conduct such further draws as necessary for any unclaimed Prizes (subject to the approval of the relevant gaming authorities in each State). The redraw, if required, will be conducted at the same time and location as the original Prize Draw on Monday, 4 September 2023, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. The Promoter will continue to draw winners until six (6) calls have been answered.
10. Prize Details
Within a reasonable time frame after the relevant Winner’s Acceptance (and within one month of the Prize Draw), the Velocity Points for your business Prize will be credited to the Prize Winner’s Velocity Account, provided that your business is still a current and active Sniip user as per the Sniip Terms and Conditions and member per the Velocity Points for your business Terms and Conditions.
The Promoter is not responsible thereafter for the manner in which the Velocity Points are credited or any characteristics of those Points. The Terms and Conditions of the Velocity Points for business program apply, and Use of Velocity Points is subject to the Velocity Members Terms and Conditions, which are located on the Velocity Frequent Flyer website at: https://www.velocityfrequentflyer.com/content/TermsConditions/. In addition, voucher terms and conditions (including expiry rules) apply if relevant, and any other terms and conditions current at the time of redemption apply.
The redemption of each Prize is subject to the availability of rewards that may be obtained through the Velocity Points for business program.
11. Other Matters Relating to the Promotion
If a Prize or receipt of it incurs a tax liability, the Prize Winner is wholly liable for payment of such tax.
The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
It is a condition of accepting a Prize that the Prize Winner accepts the conditions applicable to the Prize. The Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
Acceptance of the Prize is deemed consent for the Promoter to use the Prize Winners’ details, voice, image, likeness and photographs for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes on the Promoter’s website or in other forms of social media or on other websites or in any other media used by the Promoter for an indefinite time without any further attribution, reference, payment or other compensation to the Prize Winner.
Velocity Frequent Flyer Pty Ltd’s and its related bodies corporate collect and handle your personal information in accordance with their applicable Privacy Policies.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Australian Consumer Law (Schedule 2 to the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)), or similar state-based consumer protection laws (Non-Excludable Guarantees).
Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter and its related bodies corporate (including their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way:
(i) out of the Promotion; or
(ii) without limiting Clause 13, out of: (i) any technical difficulties, equipment malfunction, any delayed email, any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or any website (whether or not under the Promoter or its related bodies corporates’ control); (ii) any theft, destruction, unauthorised access or third party interference of entries under this Promotion; (iii) any entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter or its related bodies corporate; (iv) any tax liability incurred by a Prize Winner or Entrant; or (v) use of a Prize.
The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought. We recommend you consult your accountant or tax adviser to ensure you understand possible tax implications, for example fringe benefits tax (if applicable).
Subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authorities, the Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to modify, suspend or terminate all or part of the Promotion, or disqualify and prohibit further participation in this Promotion, in the event that any portion of this Promotion is compromised by a virus, bugs, non-authorised human intervention, hackers or other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which, in the sole opinion of the Promoter, corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Promotion.
The Promoter reserves the right to update these Terms and Conditions from time to time in its sole discretion for administrative reasons or to ensure efficient operation of the Promotion. Changes will be posted on the Promoter’s website.
Failure by the Promoter to enforce any one of these Terms and Conditions in any instance(s) will not give rise to any claim or right of action by any Entrant or Prize Winner or other person.
The laws of the State where an Entrant is based apply to this Promotion.
If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion subject to any written directions under applicable legislation.
The Promoter also reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in this promotion.
All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects contact information about entrants in order to contact them about the promotion and where appropriate award prizes and may also use the information to assist the Promoter in improving goods and services and to contact entrants in the future with special offers via any medium including mail and commercial electronic messages. If you do not provide the information, you cannot participate.
The laws of Australia apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
The Promoter is Sniip Ltd of 1/79 Hope Street, South Brisbane, Queensland 4101, Australia. ABN 86 161 862 068.